Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Die Hardest…But How Many Times Is Too Many?


Bruce Willis has officially merged with John McClane and they are now one being kicking ass and taking names. I have been looking forward to seeing Live Free Die Hard for several months and I was not disappointed.

When you sit down to watch a Die Hard film you need to leave your common sense at the door and just enjoy the ride. The Dack had no problems with this considering I had just finished a marathon 26 hour drive home from San Antonio, Texas only 8 hours before I dragged myself to see this spectacle.

Justin Long plays Bruce Willis’s reluctant sidekick, a college nerd who made a computer virus the bad guys are using for evil. You might know him from the PC vs. Mac commercials, where he plays the Mac. While his witty banter with Bruce Willis keeps the movie at a fast pace even when there isn’t any action going on (which isn’t much time at all) Kevin Smith’s cameo as a super nerd who goes by Warlock was even better. I won’t bother going over my favorite action scenes because the trailers have already shown you everything. Most of the bad guys are run of the mill action badies, which you forget about as soon as Bruce kicks their butt. The only other highlight of the film is the hot angry girl who plays Bruce Willis’s college aged daughter who has a massive change of heart toward her father when the bad guys come a knocking.

As for my recommendation…. if you love action movies, go see it. Now that I am wrapping up my recommendation I’m not having the love for this movie I originally felt…everything felt like it had been done already, yes it was cool and fun to watch but go see Transformers instead and if you’ve seen Transformers already, go see it again. Die Hard for the 4th time gets sevenDacks only because Bruce Willis is a Dack favorite.

No comments:

Subscribe to The Dack List via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner