Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Knocked Up is a Knock Out....

Finally a good fun summer movie...

Knocked Up was everything I wanted it to be. It was funny, smart, funny, and did I say funny...

The Director Judd Apatow is proving to be the comic genius of the century. If you haven't seen 40 Year Old Virgin because you are afraid it will be all sex jokes...deal with it and put up with a couple of funny sex jokes for a great comedy.... Yes, I was worried just like you but I finally watched it on cable one lazy Saturday afternoon and laughed harder than I have in a couple of years. If you are too afraid to watch it at least check out his tv show Freaks and Geeks. It was only on for a year because tv execs are quite possibly the stupidest people on the planet but that 1 season is the funniest best-written comedy tv show in the last 10 years.
Every character is well rounded and not just a gag...Paul Rudd needs to be given a chance to be a lead in a movie!!! His character (the brother in-law) is the highlight of the film and pushes this movie through even when it starts to lag during the last 45 minuets.

Yes I know the title makes you think this movie is about someone making a bad decision but what makes the movie great is about two people taking responsibility for their mistakes. For now it's getting eightDacks but it might be higher after another watching. Oh yeah, I know the title of this review is lame but it gets tenDacks.

1 comment:

TonyBrotherOne said...

I laughed really really hard during this movie, but it also made me care about the characters. I could relate to a lot of what was going on, being both a husband and a new dad. I love the main performances in this film, most notably Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd. These guys have a great on screen connection. Also, the cameo scene with the black guy from "The Office" as the bouncer was hilarious

Subscribe to The Dack List via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner