Sunday, June 10, 2007

Being Jack Sparrow


What the heck where the writers of Pirates thinking…..

To say that I enjoyed Pirates even through the time (which was ridiculously long), plot which I am convinced was developed to confuse (it’s a good thing I am smart), sheer amount of characters which could have filled 3 more movies…..I did enjoy it, kinda

The whole part with the many Jack's running around....although it was funny brought me back to Being John Malkovich which was an interesting film but also gave nightmares. That whole section could have been cut and it would have helped the flow of the film.

My main thought during the credits while I waited for the extra ending (I won’t even get in to the fact that if you can’t fit the ending into the first 3 hours of a movie you might realize you need some help) was when are directors going to realize that just because they made the first 2 parts of a trilogy does not allow them to do anything they want in the third. As examples I give you the 3rd matrix, and spidey 3 (which yes was good but could have been better given proper editing)…even Return of the King which was great but suffered from over load. I am convinced that the only good 3rd movies in a trilogy are Return of the Jedi and The Last Crusade but I am willing to be proven wrong.

Recommendation : If you saw the first 2 and have 3 hours to kill see it.....I'm giving this one sixDacks because Johnny Depp is so awesome.

No comments:

Subscribe to The Dack List via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner